Do you have the drive to succeed in sales and consistently exceed goals? If you love talking about travel and have experience that extends beyond a standard holiday to one of our destinations, then this could be the opportunity to make your passion a career.
Can you communicate your knowledge and make recommendations? Do you have experience providing excellent customer service and building meaningful relationships? Are you willing to work hard to achieve great rewards in return?
We are currently looking for Travel Sales Specialists, also known in-house as Country Sales Specialists, to join the following teams:
Asia (Thailand, Indonesian, Cambodia)
Latin America (Chile, Argentina, Peru, Ecuador)
- Strong sales acumen and enjoy working towards targets/goals
- A demonstrated passion for travel – whether you’ve taught English in Japan, backpacked throughout Australia, learned Arabic, or studied abroad in Italy – a passion for travel and exploring other cultures is key!
- Enthusiastic, confident, and polite phone and e-mail manner
- Ability to communicate effectively and articulately with a variety of different personalities and provide great service
- Resilient to challenges and setbacks. This is a sales role, so you’ll need the ability to stay motivated on the tougher days
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to juggle several tasks at once
- We hire from all different professional backgrounds. You may not be from the travel industry but you must have amazing experience and knowledge of one our destinations!
The role and responsibilities:
In your 2nd week in the role, you will be sent abroad on a comprehensive, all expenses paid, familiarisation “Fam” trip for 4 weeks to gain on-ground, in-depth product knowledge of the region you will be selling
Receive extensive sales and systems training pre and post Fam trip to ensure success and support in the role
Work to hit personal sales targets each month as well as work to hit group targets with your close-knit team
Handle the full sales and service cycle of a client’s journey the Audley Way and be the main point-of-contact;
Discover: Follow up on the initial enquiry and work with the client to discover their travel, activity, culinary, and hotel preferences
Create: Produce a personalised itinerary that is tailored to meet their needs and build a comprehensive quote
Prepare: Book all hotels, flights, guides, and activities working with our local suppliers; work on any changes that might be required, provide final itinerary and all other necessary information to client before the trip
Experience: Ensure line of communication is strong with all suppliers to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience
Share: Follow up with the client post-trip to ensure the trip met or exceeded expectations and motivate them to return as a client for a future Audley trip!
Audley Travel is an award-winning, consistently recognised tour operator that specialises in tailor-made travel in over 80 countries. Our clients come to us because we are the true experts of the region and use our knowledge to provide an unforgettable experience. Everyone you work with here is knowledgeable about travel and loves to explore other cultures! Beyond that, you will be surrounded by supportive, success-driven individuals. We work to create a fun and competitive environment and pride ourselves on recognising top performers. Each team here works collaboratively with one another, as we are each other’s biggest resource.
- 20 days PTO
- An excellent benefits package where we cover 100% of the cost of Medical, Dental and Vision plus offer a 401K option
- Clear and attractive career ladder
- A thriving company culture – free on-site gym & fitness classes, bagel Fridays, happy hours, team sports, epic summer & holiday parties, etc.
- Free fruit in the office plus a subsidized snack shop
- An unforgettable, familiarization “fam” trip to the region you are selling (at the start of your role!) plus an opportunity to go more fam trips every 12-18 months to test out other regions/products
- Top performers get an opportunity to go on special trips twice a year
Audley Travel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.