If you are sick of the London commute and would enjoy breathing in the fresh country air during your lunch breaks whilst strolling through the fields or barbequing on the office grounds, you may want to consider a relocation to the Cotswolds. All our vacancies can be based in our Head Office in Witney, Oxfordshire office which is within the beautiful Cotswolds in an idyllic countryside location. Audley Travel offers support towards relocation for all new starters.
Audley Travel is an award winning tailor-made Tour Operator with an abundance of accolades to back up this claim. We are consistently recognised at major travel awards for achievements including being in the 2018 Sunday Times 100 Top companies to work for 2018.
We are now searching for ambitious Travel Sales Specialists otherwise known in-house as ‘Country Specialists’ to join the following programmes:
- USA (West Coast)
- Middle East (Morocco, Egypt, Jordan and Oman)
- Hidden Beaches (strong emphasis on Indian Ocean)
- Africa Safari (East or Southern Africa)
- Australia or New Zealand
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil or Colombia)
- Southeast Asia (Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia or Indonesia)
These postions can be based in either our London Shepherds Bush office or Witney, Oxfordshire Head Office. A Country Specialist is responsible for handling the full sales cycle of a client’s journey from the initial sales inquiry to post trip feedback. Our clients come to us because we are the true experts of the region and use our knowledge to provide an unforgettable experience.
Day to Day:
- Following up on warm leads
- Help our clients to find out the who-what-when-where and why’s of their trip.
- Creating truly tailor-made itineraries and personalising them to fit within each individual client’s needs.
- You will book and liaise with hotels, tour operators and airlines being the client’s point of contact for each requirement.
- With an obsessive keen eye for detail and distinctive high level of customer service skills your goal is to ensure all clients returning home have had a trip which exceeds their expectations, motivating them to return as a client again.
- You will be comfortable working to sales targets but equally happy doing the administrative tasks as this is a 360 degree role where you will handle every detail of the booking from initial inquiry to the clients returning home.
- Extensively travelled around the region you are applying for. Whether you have backpacked during your gap year, taken several trips to the region, (as you can’t get enough) or have lived in the country and experienced it as a local.
- We have seen examples of success from people who have come from a wide range of industries like Real Estate, Teaching, Marketing, Finance and Hospitality.
- Extensive training including a 4 week trip to the country that you will specialise in (departing at the end of your first week of starting)
- You will return to sales and systems training which will continue with your career at Audley Travel working your way up a career path which will give you extra responsibilities and £3000 salary increases with each promotion along the way.
- Working very closely with your Regional Sales Manager on a daily basis during your probation period you will be given the support you need to be successful in this role.
Who are we looking for?
The skills we have found make a successful Country Sales Specialist are people who travelled extensively within the region and who have strong organisation skills, a competitive drive, resilience, assertiveness and persuasiveness.
Additionally we look for people who display the values of Audley Travel which are:
- Passion for travel,
- Being the difference,
- Being one team.
Everyone you work with here is passionate about travel! However, beyond that you will be surrounded by supportive, success driven individuals. We work to create a fun and competitive environment and pride ourselves on recognising top performers. Even though we are a competitive group, it is by no means a cutthroat sales environment. Each team here works collaboratively with one another, as we are each other’s biggest resource!
Our London based Country Specialists earn a basic salary of £24,500 per annum, rising to £25,500 after probation plus uncapped commission which you will earn on every booking you make. We would expect you to make approximately £2000 in commission during your probation period but if you do fall short of this figure we will top up your earnings to this figure at the time of passing your probation.
We have extensive benefits on offer including:
- Annual leave starting at 25 days which increases with each years service
- Your birthday off each year!
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym subsidy
- Free fruit, smoothies & juices in the office
- Subsidised tuck shop
- Team sports & clubs
- Top performers trips abroad twice a year!
- A thriving company culture with infamous annual Summer & Christmas parties and many socials in-between
- First month on the job spent in the country you will be specialising in.
Shepherds Bush, London
Additional information: Travel_Specialist.pdf