Audley Travel is now searching for a Data Scientist to add to our Digital and Marketing team in Boston.
What’s the role?
As the Data Scientist at Audley Travel, you will advance measurement capabilities using the latest in distributed computing technologies, data, and tools you bring on to unlock the big, and also unobvious opportunities, that help the company target and communicate with prospects and customers profitably. This person will have an initial eye on new customer acquisition through Digital Performance marketing, and then future forward, driving value across the business by building in competencies and business cases for more support.
Responsibilities would include:
- Conducting the analysis of millions of customer interaction and transaction records.
- Building and releasing models that elevate the customer experience and track impact over time.
- Building machine learning models from development through testing and validation to our 30+ million customers in production.
- Integrating with a proprietary DMP, In-House Reservation system, 3rd party Data Lake, External Data sources and APIs to discover interesting trends.
- Helping design rich data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to internal stakeholders and/or company leaders.
- Investigating the potential impact of new technologies and systems needed to evolve the role and department within Audley Travel.
- Presenting proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions to drive business decisions.
You must be excited by ‘doing’ the work as this role is hands-on with the opportunity to build out a new competency with immense potential to drive value for Audley’s business. Good communication is necessary as you will be reporting to all aspects of the business, technical and non-technical alike.
If this sounds interesting, we would like you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2-3 years of experience in Data Science OR equivalent Masters or PhD
- Advance Excel Skills
- Proven experience in Python, Hadoop, Spark, H20, R, AWS Redshift, SQL and Tableau
- Prove experience in Algorithms and Data Structures
- Results oriented with the ability to think creatively and solve problems
- Experience with statistical modelling/ machine learning techniques and parameters that affect their performance
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data-modelling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
About Audley Travel US:
Audley connects discerning travellers to a more rewarding travel experience in nearly 80 destinations around the world. Each of our Country Specialists has first-hand knowledge of the best guides, food, lodging, and local secrets in a specific region of the world, having lived or travelled there extensively. This allows them to tailor each journey to a client’s individual travel style and interests. The local knowledge and personalized service creates a streamlined and stress free planning experience.
Our carefully curated experiences, candid advice and level of service including personalized travel packs go above and beyond client expectations
Audley Travel Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or national origin.