We have an exciting new opportunity to be our Head of Purchasing at Audley Travel. You would be responsible to commercialise Audley’s product offering through optimising buying and achieving the best possible commercial terms. You will hold suppliers to account on deliverables against SLA's, contractual terms and rates quoted. The role will involve working closely with the Heads of Product and Programmes on purchasing needs and challenges, and you will need to be mindful at all times of the need to deliver unique experiences and exemplary levels of delivery on the ground for clients.
- Lead the global product buying process for the business.
- Negotiate with suppliers including Destination Management Companies, accommodation providers, excursion and transfer companies, rail and cruise lines.
- Run a regular cycle (every 3 years) of competitive tender processes for core supplier(s) in individual countries.
- Strive to deliver the best possible terms to achieve the lowest component product costs, supported by value adds and exclusive and/or special offers
- Negotiate supporting commercial terms, to include overrides, marketing and brochure contributions, fam-trip support, and support for technology development.
- Manage a robust analytical process during annual rate reviews
- Routinely monitor supplier costs versus tariff, holding suppliers to account to deliver against contracted rates.
- Deliver the most effective fulfilment channels for quote and booking purposes (cost-loading, XML, supplier portal) for sales teams.
- Create and maintain strong contractual relationships with suppliers, working with General Counsel to own the legal relationship, ensuring implementation of, and adherence to, contractual terms.
- Ensure robust Service Level Agreements are in place and adhered to
- Develop a strong understanding of the competitor environment in all source markets, working with Commercial Finance to support and inform pricing decisions.
- Work with Accounts Payable team to ensure satisfactory two-way transfer of data between the business and supplier for prompt payment purposes, and resolve discrepancies if required.
You will need to be a strong negotiator with the ability to build solid relationships and influence others. The role will require you to have advanced analytical skills, be highly organised and numerate.
You will have a procurement background and ideally have knowledge of the travel industry but this is not essential.