We are embarking on an ambitious and exciting development programme that will see Audley Travel become a truly digital enabled business as it delivers on its Digital Transformation Strategy. A critical role in this transformation will be played by the internal development teams that are responsible for our bespoke in-house systems and our website.
We are looking for a highly motivated developer to join the development team, working on our bespoke in-house systems which cover core sales, reservations, operations, marketing, commercial and financial aspects of our business and operates over multiple offices based in the UK and US.
In order to deliver the principles of the Digital Transformation Strategy our current core internal systems will undergo a full rewrite, moving away monolithic architecture styles to a modular framework focused around an API/service-oriented architecture approach.
This will be a full stack hands-on development role working within all areas of the software development lifecycle and being part of dynamic cross-functional project teams. This role will present opportunities for the right candidate to take a lead role on projects and help shape the direction of new development work.
In order to ensure we maintain a high performing internal development team full training and support is offered for current in use technologies and developers are encouraged to explore emerging technology to explore it’s potential value and use.
You will have good analytical skills with a genuine interest in technological trends and a keen interest in ensuring that the company keep a quality codebase. You will be self-motivated and be able to work to tight deadlines and manage changing priorities. It is useful but not essential to have have an interest in traveling to and exploring other countries and cultures.
- .Net C# 4.0+
- Web services (Web API, REST or WCF)
- ASP.Net (MVC)
- Strong proficiency with SQL (design, build & query)
Would be an advantage:
- Working within a service-oriented architecture
- Experience of Azure (web apps & data)
- Working with containerised applications on Windows or Linux (Kubernetes, Docker, Azure)
- NoSQL experience (Redis, MongoDB)
- Distributed messaging queues
- Working with 3rd party API’s and integration into 3rd party systems
- Contributing to all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation)
- Taking a lead role on small to medium size development projects
- Producing high quality, well-structured and easy to maintain code which meets requirements set within projects
- Deliver quality work to set estimates / time frames
- Providing accurate estimates and effort of work
- Participation in the continuous evolution of the software development best practices, standards and policies used within the team
- Contribute towards high level design and approach to project work
- Carry out 1st level testing to ensure new changes are working as expected
- The ability to produce and input into technical documentation for all project work and existing systems
- Assist the internal support teams in investigating escalated issues