We are looking for a motivated and experienced developer to join our Technology team, working on our in-house suite of web and desktop based applications. Our internal bespoke system integrates into the core sales, reservations, operations, marketing, commercial and financial aspects of our business and operates over multiple offices based in the UK and US.
You will have a strong technical background and be comfortable with hands-on coding and working on multiple projects at various stages within the development cycle.
- .Net C# (MVC)
- Web services (WCF, REST, Web API)
- Strong proficiency with SQL
- Proficient in debugging existing code
- Use of source control / code versioning tools (TFS)
Would be an advantage:
- Migration of legacy codebases from desktop to web
- Working with 3rd party API’s and integration into 3rd party systems
What will I be doing in this role?
- Contributing to all aspects of the software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing and documentation)
- Deliver quality work to set estimates / time frames
- Participation in the continuous evolution of the software development best practices, standards and policies used within the team
- Contribute towards high level design and approach to project work
- Carry out 1st level testing to ensure new changes are working as expected
- The ability to produce and input into technical documentation for all project work and existing systems
- Self-management of general day-to-day work
- Solid commercial development experience with exposure to full development life-cycle
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); you must be able to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical people
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timescales
- An ability to think on your feet, focus quickly on the requirements of the situation while at the same time being able to relate to overall goals.