As our Social Digital Marketing Executive, you will be responsible for supporting the Digital & Marketing team in driving forward the company’s social media strategy across a number of different channels, engaging with existing and prospective clients. You’ll manage our social media activity both through daily messaging, informed by the marketing communications plan, as well as monitoring Audley Travel mentions, responding to comments, private messages and reviews. You’ll plan exciting digital campaigns ahead of key business developments, events and PR-related activity. You’ll also work to extend the reach of our brand outside the Audley website, by building relationships with bloggers, social media influencers and reputable travel brands.
Aware of new trends, you’ll look to see what we can do to engage further with our clients and new audiences. This means keeping up-to-date with new functionality and also identifying opportunities; researching relevant content, keeping an eye on current affairs and travel-related news and updates.
You’ll measure our success against agreed targets to see where we can improve and report on our social media performance using analytics.
You’ll make sure all the content posted on Audley’s social media channels is inspiring and informative and designed to be engaging and shareable, in line with our strategy, as well as factually correct and well written with the goal of maximising leads to the website.
You’ll maintain a rolling content calendar to plan Audley’s social media activities, in line with the business focuses outlined in the marketing communications plan, which feeds from the company’s ideas-sharing platform, The Bank, on which you’ll engage with the company’s country specialists to encourage content ideas.
You’ll work in close collaboration with our US marketing team in the joined-up marketing of our joint social media accounts (Twitter) as well as the sharing of ideas, content support and collaboration on global campaigns.
- Manage the daily running of our social media channels – mainly Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram – adding new posts and responding to comments in a timely way.
- Approve and aggregate client content using the Stackla tool for email and our web pages to show up-to-date posts on a regular basis.
- Plan a rolling content calendar for our social media activities that is on-brand and makes best use of the content our country specialists supply through the company’s ideas-sharing platform, The Bank.
- Work closely with our PR, Client Experience team and Marketing Communications Manager to ensure a consistent approach
- Develop and carry out social media campaigns, sometimes in-house, sometimes by overseeing or in collaboration with agencies, tourist boards, journalists and suppliers.
- Work in conjunction with Marketing to promote our content needs to the sales teams and ensure the content we receive for social media is appropriate and relevant to achieve our content strategy and supports the marketing communications plan.
- Work with the Web content editors and developers to make sure our /social web page and aggregated social content across the website is monitored and updated.
- Contribute to the team’s marketing knowledge by keeping an eye both the market and your own campaigns, sharing your findings regularly
- Work closely with colleagues in the US office on a joined-up strategy and approach for our joint social media channels and potential for global campaigns.
- Use analytics to monitor our social media success and inform our future activity.
- Collaborate with the Digital Content Designer on a daily basis to develop and create new creative concepts for video on our social media platforms
- Monitor Audley Travel mentions and engage proactively, responding to comments, private messages and reviews on our social media channels.
- Write copy for related digital content, such as social campaign blog articles and competition details.
- Other tasks as requested by the Marketing Communications Manager.
- A strong writer/copy editor with excellent English skills.
- An understanding of the marketing planning process and where social media fits into this.
- Experience of using social media tools and organising the social media activity, including campaigns, for a consumer-facing company.
- A strong interest in social media and the ever-changing nature of digital marketing.
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of the following social channels – Instagram; Twitter; Facebook and Pinterest.
- Competency in Microsoft Office.
- A self-starter who is able to work to tight deadlines when required.
- A passion for travel.
- Experience with Photoshop or other video/image editors.