As a Level 1 Ticketing Agent you will efficiently and accurately issue airline tickets within set timeframes and complete the accompanying administrative duties.
A Ticketing Agent will also look for opportunities to make savings and minimise penalties through errors.
Great opportunity to then advance and work towards BA fares and ticketing exams Levels 1 & 2.
- Producing and checking clients Final Itinerary documents.
- Issuing nett IT fares using CAT35 ticketing or building using Manual fare building, making sure all names and flights match the booking.
- Issuing published fares ensuring the ticketing date is correct whilst also making sure all names and flights match the booking.
- Making cost savings by better ticketing or using different contracts.
- Be able to read the airline contracts that we have and understand the terminology associated with the rules and fare notes.
- Issuing airline air passes.
- Voiding tickets if issued incorrectly.
- Ticketing child and infant fares using CAT35 or Manual fare builds
- Communicating with Galileo helpdesk and other airlines about problems relating to ticketing or contracts.
- Be able to communicate any errors found with tickets and or Journey Desk flights back to Country Specialists resolving the problem quickly and efficiently.
- Using Galileo to capture personal data such as seat data, meal requests, airline membership details and linking PNRs together.
- Issuing Japan Rail Passes
- Great organisation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strive for a career within the travel industry.
- Keen to learn and be receptive to continued on-the-job training.
- Very good communicator at all levels within a business.
- Flexible and willing to turn hand to any work that needs to be completed.
Audley Travel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.