This is a lead role within the Travel Sales Support team covering the following areas: preparation, generation and quality checks for all final travel documents, administrative support for Travel Specialists, flight and supplier queries and adhoc operational support.
Leading the team
- To work alongside your manager to effectively manage the day to day workload of all Sales Support personnel.
- To maintain a culture where excellence in service and going the extra mile is the norm.
- Promote a culture of learning and development within the team.
- Conduct regular 1-2-1s with the individual members of the team to provide support and guidance and to get the best from them in terms of efficiencies.
- Conduct quarterly My Journey Check-Ins to identifying training needs, development potential and to keep the team engaged and focused.
- Work with the various Heads of Programmes to understand their sales support needs and prioritise where support will be provided.
- Effectively plan where resource is required and then identify which members of the team should support which programmes based on skill, experience and product knowledge.
As Team Leader you will:
- Manage a central and consistent method of logging and tracking work load for sales support personnel which can be applied across programmes and reported to management.
- Responsible for a central error tracking system to ensure that all issues are logged centrally, clearly identified and can be used to improve our process, documents and product information moving forward.
- To organise and manage post travel season briefings in Programmes with Sales, Product and Ops to identify where improvements can be made and to eradicate consistent errors.
- Be responsible for identifying the core tasks of the role and for keeping the team and regular stakeholders up to date with priorities.
- Aim to understand the challenges in each programme and how these can be overcome by working closely with sales support, Travel Specialist’s, Regional Sales Managers and Head of Programmes.
- Previous experience in sales/client experience/sales support role.
- A strong desire to get things right, you must be a natural organiser who is able to multi task.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to focus on detail is crucial.
- You must be a confident communicator, who is resilient to pressure, whilst remaining calm and clear minded.
- You should be able to work independently to given timescales in a fast-paced environment and be self-motivating..
- An interest in travel is essential, although personal knowledge of specific destinations is not required as training will be given.
- You should be a positive, energetic and outgoing person who is comfortable interacting with others and will fit in with any team you are working with.
- Understand how important customer service is, you need to be able to appreciate what it’s like being an Audley client and what their expectations are, in order to exceed them.
- You will have a strong track record of delivering excellent service.
- You should be a problem solver with the confidence to share your solutions between different members of a team.