This is a home-based role, with occassional visits to our office in Witney, Oxfordshire.
The Senior Front End Web Developer is responsible for developing, updating and maintaining front end solutions for Audley Travel’s web properties. These include the Company’s main website plus client portal sites such as Payment Processing, Online Quotes, Honeymoon Gift Service, Online Questionnaires, etc.
Working closely with the UX Designer and Website Designer, the Front End Web Developer will be responsible to delivering high quality, efficient code which conforms to modern web standards.
Project Management and workflow
• Discuss and agree with the Lead Web Developer (and any project stakeholders) the scope of each project.
• Responsibility for delivering projects to agreed specification and deadlines.
• Ensure smooth running for each project by holding regular catch-up meetings with the UX Designer, Website Designer and development team.
• Keep track of progress and ensure deadlines are met.
• Follow agile best practices using a sprint approach.
Design and development
• Planning at the outset of each project to agree timescales and deliverables.
• Responsibility for the adherence to agreed web standards and best practice.
• Ensure that the projects we produce work on the agreed devices and agreed browser versions.
• Ensure that user acceptance testing is carried out and any changes from feedback are implemented.
• Responsibility for client side website performance using tools such as Lighthouse.
• Ensure the site is technically optimised.
• Make suggestions as to how the Audley websites can be improved functionally and technically.
• Ensure that the user experience design is implemented as per the agreed wireframes to achieve website goals.
• Significant/consistent experience of front end web development.
• Excellent CSS and HTML5 skills.
• Experience of setting front end development standards.
• Experience of building large scale web solutions.
• Ability to demonstrate behaviours and attitudes which are exemplary to the rest of the team/office.
• Ability to break complex projects down into achievable tasks to reach the project goals.
• Organised and structured in your work.
• Confident communicator, who is resilient to pressure, whilst remaining calm and clear-minded.
• Keen interest in the latest front end development techniques and frameworks.
• Interested both in how a user interacts with a solution as well as in how it works technically.
Web Development Skills
• Experience of AMP HTML implementation.
• Experience of HTTP/2 and Server Push.
• Experience of front end website performance optimisation using tools such as Lighthouse.
• Experience of solution setup and automated front end build processes using tools such as Gulp.
Project Management Skills
• You will be expected to manage complex projects with input from multiple developers / content editors.