To lead a team of people supporting the sales programmes in three key areas: administrative support for Country Specialists, flight and supplier queries and adhoc operational support. No client contact is required in this role.
The role will report into the Head of Sales Operations.
7 - 9 x Sales Support personnel. Please note that there may be the requirement to manage homeworkers or members of the team working in the opposite office.
Leading the team
- To work with the Head of Sales Operations and Heads of programmes to effectively plan and manage the day to day workload of all Sales Support personnel, ensuring that the team is working to maximum effectiveness and consistently delivering team KPIs.
- Manage resource levels across the team to ensure the business has the support where it is needed.
- Maintain a culture where excellence in service and going the extra mile is the norm and consistent with the Audley values and behaviours.
- Promote a culture of learning and development within the team.
- Conduct 1-2-1s and monthly check ins with the individual members of the sales support team to provide support to them in carrying out their roles. This could include identifying training needs, or development potential, assisting them with challenges or answering day-to-day queries.
- Highlight any areas for concern such as underperformance to the Head of Sales Operations and work with the team to foster improvement.
Sales Support Process and Reporting
- Working with other team leaders and the Head of Sales Operations, create and maintain a central and consistent method of logging and tracking work load for sales support personnel which can be applied across programmes in order to demonstrate the value of the function. This should be reported on a monthly basis to management.
- Be responsible for identifying and documenting the core tasks of the role and for keeping and documentation you create up to date.
- Work with other functions within the business and independently to continue to streamline the sales support process, ensuring that tasks carried out are logical, that the team are working to maximum efficiency and providing the best possible support to the business.
- Aim to understand the challenges in each programme and how these can be overcome by working closely with sales support, CSs, RSMs, PMs & HoPs.
- Meet with the Head of Sales Operations regularly to report on process in teams and where current need is required.
Through experience and accumulated knowledge, you will be able to consistently fulfil the following tasks to a high standard:
Final Itinerary Preparation
- Cross reference confirmations from suppliers with the details in the system and ensure any relevant information is inputted- details vary by programme but to include e.g. adding joining instructions, timings of tours, supplier reference numbers.
- Cross reference GAL with Journey desk and update flight information as required.
- Request and check final supplier costs and flag any discrepancies to country specialist.
- Check continuity of text.
- Use information available (profile notes, household information) to personalise and tailor text according to guidelines to enhance client experience.
- Identify errors and inaccuracies in centrally saved text and information and follow process to correct these.
- Generate the final documents and proof-read following guidelines set out, checking for out-of-context text, anomalies (e.g. irrelevant museum closure dates).
- Some country/programme specific tasks such as creation of personalised rail timetable for each Japan booking, booking restaurants for clients.
- Send the pdf of the itinerary to the local agents for checking where appropriate and update any amends including additional info on tour transfer times/guide names and numbers where provided.
- Pass to relevant country specialist and highlight any major changes made, or updates required, before printing.
Booking agent tasks/Other (specific to individual programme requirements)
- Assist with booking restaurants, or value-adds e.g. wine.
- Airline seats and chauffeur transfers.
- Assist with supplier invoice discrepancies.
Assist with authorisation of booked files
- Check replies from suppliers to confirm the correct services have been booked.
- Add supplier reference numbers where appropriate.
- If knowledge allows assist CS in liaising with supplier to find alternatives where requested services are not available. (or mistakes have been made)
- Check flights match Galileo (search for better fare if skills allow).
- Upload client post-trip feedback on text to the product helpdesk.
- Assist with updating flight time changes in the system.
- Assist with the preparation of visa documentation depending on specific country requirements.
- Assistmanagers and specialists in resolving outstanding payment queries that exist between our suppliers and the Audley systems.
- Assist with operational incidents.
- A positive, self-starter who can demonstrate high levels of initiative and autonomy.
- You should be a problem solver with the confidence to share your solutions between different members of a team.
- Attention to detail and a high level of organisational skills is essential.
- Understanding how important customer service is, you need to be able to appreciate what it’s like being an Audley client and what their expectations are, in order to exceed them.
- You must be a confident communicator, who is resilient to pressure, whilst remaining calm and clear minded. This role requires someone confident working in a matrix environment and communicating with multiple stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- An interest in travel is essential although personal knowledge of specific destinations is not required as training will be given.
- You should be an energetic and outgoing person who is comfortable interacting with others and will fit in with any team.
- Excellent maths and English skills are essential.
- Previous experience of achieving KPIs through a team is preferable although not essential.