The Social Media Executive will be responsible managing our social media activity both through daily messaging, informed by the marketing communications plan, as well as monitoring Audley Travel mentions, responding to comments, private messages and reviews.
You’ll plan exciting digital campaigns ahead of key business developments, events and PR-related activity. You’ll also work to extend the reach of our brand outside the Audley website, by building relationships with bloggers, social media influencers and reputable travel brands.
Aware of new trends, you’ll look to see what we can do to engage further with our clients and new audiences. This means keeping up-to-date with new functionality and also identifying opportunities; researching relevant content, keeping an eye on current affairs and travel-related news and updates.
What’s the role?
- Work with Marketing Communications team and Video Editor on social content calendar and manage day-to-day posts to key social media channels – mainly Facebook and Instagram.
- Work closely with colleagues in the UK & US offices on a social media strategy across our market-specific and shared social media channels.
- Find and agree on processes to maximize collaboration with UK-based Social Media Executive.
- Use analytics to define and monitor social media success and inform our future activity.
- Coordinate US channel participation in annual social media competitions and/or campaigns.
- Generate new ideas for presenting social media content and engage proactively on travel forums
- Monitor, improve and expand company’s online presence and reputation.
- Coordinate employee participation in our online information sharing hub “The Bank”.
- Develop online influencer outreach strategy.
- A strong writer/copy editor with excellent written English, spelling and grammar with a particular focus on writing for digital outlets and discerning audiences.
- A strong interest and understanding in social media and the ever-changing nature of digital marketing.
- Ability to adapt communication style to the correct audience.
- An understanding of the marketing planning process and where social media fits into this.
- Experience of using social media tools and organizing the social media activity, including campaigns, for a consumer-facing company.
- Confident user of reporting software for monitoring our social media activity.
- A self-starter who is able to work to tight deadlines when required.
- A regular social media participant with in-depth knowledge of Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
- Very high levels of attention to detail.
- A team-player attitude is very important.
- A passion for travel.
- Experience with Photoshop or other video/image editors.
About Audley Travel US:
Audley connects discerning travellers to a more rewarding travel experience in nearly 80 destinations around the world. Each of our Country Specialists has first-hand knowledge of the best guides, food, lodging, and local secrets in a specific region of the world, having lived or travelled there extensively. This allows them to tailor each journey to a client’s individual travel style and interests. The local knowledge and personalized service creates a streamlined and stress free planning experience.
Our carefully curated experiences, candid advice and level of service including personalized travel packs go above and beyond client expectations
Audley Travel Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or national origin.