Audley Travel is embarking on an ambitious and exciting development programme that will see it become a truly digital enabled business. A critical role in this transformation will be played by a new internal platforms team, responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the platforms that keep internally developed and third-party applications running smoothly.
We are currently looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to assist with the move away from monolithic architecture styles to a modular framework focused around an API/service-oriented architecture approach within Azure. The role requires you to have hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement.
This role will encompass the use of a broad range of Azure based technologies underpinning the company’s bespoke in-house systems which cover core sales, reservations, operations, marketing, commercial and financial aspects of our business and operates over multiple offices based in the UK and US.
- Detailed hands-on experience within the Azure platform, key services to include App Service Containers, Azure Functions, API Management Gateway and DevTest labs.
- Deep understanding of CI/CD pipeline builds with the ability to design, build and maintain a CI/CD infrastructure and corresponding tools.
- Container concepts and orchestration (preferably Docker).
- Experience supporting and maintaining a complex, multi-server, microservice environment.
Would be an advantage:
- Experience of moving legacy on-premises services to cloud
- Working within a service-oriented architecture
- Understanding of the Software Development Life cycle (preferably Agile)
- Set-up and operational management of Windows & Linux environments
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Collaboratively working with internal development and BI/QA test teams to build, manage and maintain CI/CD pipelines into development, QA, UAT and Production environments
- Ensure all applications are delivered onto a platform which maintains high availability, performance, scalability and security
- Building tools and automating processes to empower BI, development and QA teams and reduce manual effort
- Proactively suggest recommendations to improve DevOps processes, tooling and solutions
- Taking a lead role on small to medium size DevOps projects
- Deliver quality work to set estimates / time frames
- Providing accurate estimates and effort of work
- Participation in the continuous evolution of DevOps best practices, standards and policies used within the team
- Contribute towards high level design and approach to project work
- Carry out 1st level testing to ensure new processes or amendments to existing are working as expected
- The ability to produce and input into technical documentation for all project work and existing systems
- Assist the internal support teams in investigating escalated issues
- A clear and genuine interest in technological trends with the ability to input into technical system level roadmaps and offer suggestions based on the needs and demands of the business
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); applicants must be able to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical personnel at all levels
- Self-management of general day-to-day work
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to tight timescales
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Experience of working within an Agile environment would be an advantage
Planning and Organising
- Ability to multi-task and be able to define priorities
- Confidence to recognise and deal with arising problems
Integrity and Sensitivity
- Maintaining integrity and discretion despite pressure from time and peers
Results Focus and Initiative
- The drive, determination and commitment to get things done
- To move things forward, achieve, get results and do things better
- An ability to think on your feet, focus quickly on the requirements of the situation while at the same time being able to relate to overall goals.
- Resolving problems under pressure.
- To recognise user need and identify ways of adding value
- To consistently deliver to required standards
- To exceed delivery standards
Flexible and home working is available at manager discretion.