We have an exciting opportunity available for someone to join the Product team as a Product Executive for our Europe and Middle East (EME) department. First hand travel experience within Europe would be an advantage to have a deeper understanding of the region.
The position can be based out of London or Oxford.
- To support the Product team commercially providing rate analysis, competitor analysis.
- To ensure that our written representation of our product is accurate.
- To ensure that what we deliver on the ground in each country is at the cutting edge of what is offered in the UK market.
- To ensure that the knowledge of our specialists is up to date and that they have the tools they need to be able to sell effectively.
- To support the Regional Product Manager in developing product in existing countries as well as setting up new countries in the region.
- Build strong relationships to ensure we are working in partnership with suppliers to procure sales.
- Routinely monitor Ground handling agent (GHA) costs and contracts.
- Assist with the tender process where necessary.
- Ensure legal contracts with all suppliers are valid & that we have valid liability certificates. Chase until all received. Update contact numbers.
- Upload specials to intranet and inform team (create weekly update per country).
- Maintain an excellent commercial knowledge of your region through regular competitor analysis.
Product Development & Refinement:
- Prepare rates for cost loading and answer queries from cost loading team.
- Upload itineraries to RT.com and be RT rep for the department.
- Co-ordinate creation and regular refinement of product text in Journey Desk (JD), in compliance with best practice guidelines.
- Authorise product text on a regular basis or as requested.
- Co-ordinate creation and regular refinement of client notes and country fact sheets/dossiers.
- Set up group tours in our in-house booking system JourneyDesk (JD), create dossiers & cover letters, update web, provide info for group tour leaflet, generate final itineraries, training for team
- Maintain the image library.
- Monitor airline usage and co-ordinate regular airline training with Country Specialists.
- Liaise with relevant airlines including the updating and distribution of new contracts.
- Researching and setting up new product opportunities.
Marketing & E-commerce:
- Co-ordinate content selection and timely delivery of Audley Traveller newsletter.
- Assist with press trips – speaking to journalists where necessary, creating itineraries and providing fact box info post trip.
- Take responsibility for updating the relevant sections of the Audley website.
- Take ownership of the creation and regular updating of itineraries for website, brochures, ResponsibleTravel.com.
- Package special offers for web and marketing use.
Sales team interaction:
- Provide support to Country Specialists. Be available as a point of reference for questions. Offer training (internal or external) if appropriate.
- Assist in preparation of fam trips. Negotiate rates, book flights, set out objectives and ensure CS is fully prepared.
- Schedule fam trip reports.
- Provide sales teams with appropriate cheat sheets/price guides to aid familiarity with product value/pricing.
- Display appreciation and understand the Audley customer service philosophy.
- Ensure all client feedback on product is logged; issues identified and tackled appropriately and communicated.
- The person will have a real passion for the area they are working within along with a strong appreciation of the culture.
- A confident communicator, who is resilient to pressure, whilst remaining calm and clear minded.
- A positive, outgoing and enthusiastic person who is comfortable interacting with others.
- An individual capable of influencing and persuading others positively, both internally and externally.
- The candidate needs to be able to work alone on projects and display high levels of initiative and self-motivation.
- With a strong desire to get things right, the candidate will be a natural organiser who is up to speed and be able to multi task.
- They will have a keen interest in how Audley works, what the strategy is and how their role impacts this and how their actions impact Audley’s overall performance.
- The person will be motivated by achieving results and feel at ease negotiating with suppliers.
- Understanding how important customer service is, the person will be able to appreciate what it’s like being an Audley client and what their expectations are, in order to exceed them.
- Previous travel and experience developing product in Europe is a distinct advantage.