Audley Travel is now searching for a Head of Commercial Finance / Finance Director to join our leadership team in Boston.
What’s the role?
In this position, you would be a key management team member within the North American division as well as the Global Finance team and also a part of the senior leadership team across the global organization. Your primary role would be to serve as a highly valued business partner to functional leaders across the business, as well as leading the analytical ‘center of excellence’ within Audley North America, acting as the driving force behind decisions ranging from major strategic initiatives to day-to-day trading empowered through KPI reporting, ad hoc analysis and commercial support. As part of your role, you would interface daily with the North American Managing Director, Commercial Director, Group CFO as well as regular interactions with the Group CEO and Board of Directors (including Private Equity shareholders).
Responsibilities would include:
- Development of all divisional assumptions to go into Budgets/Forecasts
- Accountable for the development, improvement and preparation of divisional trading / KPI reports
- Providing commentary on divisional performance vs. budget as well as insights and proposals for corrective actions or areas for performance improvement
- Strategic and commercial decision support i.e. ad hoc analysis, modelling for new initiatives, tactical strategy changes and major transformation projects
- Development divisional pricing strategy and execution thereof
- Owner of divisional margin. Responsible for driving profitability of the division
North American Divisional Leadership
- Review Commercial Finance team skills and capabilities and develop a plan to align with key objectives of the team and the business
- Manage the Commercial Finance team in North America and be the key finance contact for the Group Finance function in the UK
- Operational and strategic project management across both internal cross functional team members and 3rd parties
- Identify and lead operational process improvement initiatives to drive growth and productivity in the division
- New business development initiatives with 3rd parties (consultants, suppliers, partners) – analytical support, opportunity assessment
- In conjunction with Managing Director and Commercial Director:
- Accountable for delivering divisional results in line with budget
- Divisional strategy development and evolution
- Stakeholder management – includes updating on divisional performance and strategy evolution; obtaining approval for new initiatives as required
If this sounds interesting, we would like you to have:
- 8+ years of professional experience, including at least 3 years of professional training as either an investment banker, accountant or consultant, or in an internal finance role
- Experience in leading/coordinating process improvement initiatives and/or cross-functional projects
- Excellent communication skills including high degree of comfort presenting to boards of directors down to junior team members (i.e. must be able to tailor message for audience)
- Effective people manager, motivator, and team player, both within team and cross functionally across the organization, managing ‘up’ and ‘down’ where required
- High degree of cross functional collaboration with colleagues in the UK, which often requires a substantial portion of time on calls and / or video conferencing
- While great effort is made to keep these exchanges during US business hours, it is sometimes required to speak outside of business hours
- International travel to the UK c.4-6 times per year for strategic planning with Group Finance colleagues as well as other cross functional team members
- The business is currently in the process of transitioning all reporting from largely ad hoc Excel reports to fully automated reporting through Tableau. Along with the Head of Commercial Finance UK, you would be responsible for leading this transition
Audley Travel Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or national origin.