What’s the position?
As the Senior Flight Coordinator for the US you will provide support and assistance to Country Specialists and the US Ticketing Team for all air processes used within Audley using prior knowledge and skills built in the Tour Operator Ticketing field.
Further to this you are responsible for managing all Audley’s ticketing processes as per our ticketing policies. You will be an expert GDS user and be responsible for managing queues, ticket reissues, refunds and all other aspects of ticketing.
What are the responsibilities?
- Responsible for ticketing all published & contracted air.
- Ensure that all tickets are issued accurately with low DM rates
- Maintain the use of Cat35/25 for ticketing
- Manage the Ticketing Helpdesk
- Process complex ticket changes through exchanges and refunds in accordance with fare rules
- Manage the queues on the GDS communicating clearly to Country Specialists any changes to flights and ticketing deadlines
- Submit the weekly ticketing sales report and accompanying date for Audley finance department
- Record and dispute the DMs received from airlines – investigate claims made against us and liaise with airlines to resolve the situation. Maintain this on a daily basis
- Maintain Journey desk client records with the data required prior to travel, within the 6 week travel deadline
- Identify and secure all opportunities to make cost savings on tickets issued
- Manage the influx of airline contracts to the US ticketing department
- Communicate any contract changes to the US employees ensuring they are understood and put in to effect & update supporting documents
- Maintaining the contracts on the Audley intranet system ensuring they are always up to date
Training & Support
- Assist with the planning and training of ticketing processes within the Ticketing team staff to learn about Audley ticketing processes
- Maintain and develop Audley’s USO ticketing bible (a central area of reference for all flight and ticketing related processes)
- Support the Ticketing Team Leader in a crisis situation whilst maintaining the day to day workloads and tasks
- Take on all emergency ticketing requests in case of crisis liaising with the crisis team on actions taken
- Operate Journey Desk reports for ticketing crisis, fuel & fare increases
GDS & Airline suppliers
- As part of the GDS super user group take the lead in ensuring that we remain ahead of new commands and any product updates that can improve efficiency and accuracy
- Proactively learn about other products that the GDS provide, assess their potential benefit to Audley and put a case forward to the Ticketing Manager for implementation
- Partake in the GDS supplier meetings which evolve product uptake.
What should you have?
- Highly skilled in fares and ticketing especially in the Tour operator FIT market
- Excellent knowledge and current practical use of airline contracts/tariffs
- Experience with and working knowledge of Round the World ticketing
- Proven track record in minimal DMs on own tickets issued
- ARC qualifications
- RTW ticketing experience
- Ticketing exams passed is an advantage
- Excellent understanding of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent GDS skills required
- Knowledge of airline accounting processes