6 month FTC
Audley Travel is an award-winning, consistently recognised tour operator that specialises in tailor-made travel in over 80 countries. Our clients come to us because we are the true experts of the region and use our knowledge to provide an unforgettable experience. Everyone you work with here is passionate about travel and exploring other cultures! Beyond that, you will be surrounded by supportive, success-driven individuals. We work to create a fun and competitive environment and pride ourselves on recognising top performers. Each team here works collaboratively with one another, as we are each other’s biggest resource.
To ensure the efficient handling of all general client and prospect enquiries to raise enquiry to quote to booking conversion.
To ensure the best use of all ‘future destinations data’ provided by clients to maximise sales enquiries and tailor our approach to individual client requirements.
Increase client repeat rates through effective enquiry management.
Through experience and accumulated knowledge, you will be able to consistently fulfil the following tasks to a high standard:
- Coordinate client enquires and identify sale opportunities as appropriate for all forms of client interest
- Effectively utilise all forms of ‘future destinations data’ provided by clients to create new viable leads
- Coordinate and manage round the world and multi destination itineraries
- To share knowledge and cultivate sales skills with colleagues and let the team/company benefit from your experience
- To achieve levels of client service at all stages of any process that will serve to ‘stun’ clients and engender repeat business
- Ensure effective follow up to maximise footfall and sales leads from trade shows, client seminars and other PR events
Interacting with our clients mostly over the telephone - with some face to face meetings either in the office, at client’s premises or at PR events.
Keep as up to date as is reasonably possible with product developments in the company’s core regions, ensuring that you maintain an up-to-date commercial knowledge and understanding of hotels/excursions/flights/infrastructure.
Demonstrate a total commitment to customer service. It’s your goal to ensure all clients are impressed by Audley from the outset.
- Date led leads – coordinate where a client has a travel date but no fixed destination
- Price led leads - coordinate where a client has a budget in mind but no fixed destination
- Theme led leads - coordinate where a client has a particular theme of interest (e.g. Wildlife, Ultimate Luxury, Honeymoon etc) date but no fixed destination
- Fall through leads - coordinate fall through leads and reallocate to sales teams as appropriate (lost bookings due to availability, budget, wrong season etc)
Communicate with clients to establish preferences and coordinate a suitable response based on feedback received from the programmes and other sources. Ensure these responses are sent out within an appropriate timescale – as prescribed by Audley.
Use sample itineraries, website and brochures to follow up and help the client identify a suitable destination.
Ensure that the presentation is in line with universal Audley standards at all times.
Take appropriate opportunities to up-sell and switch-sell to Audley preferred products.
Employ appropriate sales techniques to move the general enquiry to a lead, including and ensuring you make follow up calls.
Act as a single point of contact for the client until they are passed onto a specific programme.
Take full ownership (and pride) for the quality and accuracy of the process prior to the lead being passed to a programme.
Coordination of Round the World and Multiple Programme Enquiries
A good knowledge of round the world airline routings and the different types of tickets.
Acting as the main point of contact for the client during the whole process from initial enquiry to clients return.
Future Destinations Data
Ensure appropriate follow up of designated ‘future destination data’ provided by clients via all mediums e.g. client questionnaires, web contact, client emails/communication etc. either within individual programmes or the Concierge Team. This will involve the following processes:
- Email communication
- Telephone follow up direct to clients
- Preparation of personalised ‘follow up/travel planner’ communication to clients who have yet to finalise their destination of choice.
Ensure good communication channels remain open between you and your colleagues – particularly sharing product information with team members.
From taking telephone messages to transferring enquiries to colleagues to routine e-mail communication - ensure best practice is followed.
Comply with all standard company procedures during the entire sales process.
For all non-converted itineraries make a real attempt to discover why the client did not book with Audley and feed this information onto the lapsed quotes database.
After returning from any educational travel, ensure tasks such as downloading photographs and naming them, producing and presenting a report for your colleagues, thanking suppliers for hospitality received…etc are all done to the Team Leader’s satisfaction.
Acting in a helpful manner to busy colleagues, sharing leads and work when appropriate. Ensure the sales and service momentum is maintained on all files – as if they were your own.
Maintain a positive relationship with all ground agents, identified clients and travel agents.
Demonstrate knowledge of product, costs and client feedback within your team.
Contribute to marketing collateral, ie Audley Traveller, website.etc
Attend industry events such as exhibitions when requested. This may require working on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays
Deal professionally with minor customer complaints, looking to ensure it is resolved to the client’s satisfaction – only escalating them to a Manager when necessary.
Participate fully in training sessions.
Attend all office meetings.
Visit clients’ home if they request, giving presentations, receiving feedback or talking through itineraries as appropriate.
Be willing to take on additional sales related tasks when required.
Take ownership of personal responsibility of Health & Safety at work.
Make a point of being seen to comply with all standard company procedures at all times.
The travel industry is a cyclical business and there may be times where business is brisk and you may be required to work weekends and some additional hours
Trips to an area/s of specialisation and any other part of the world if needed by the business
- Experience of working within a customer facing environment (either face to face or on the phone) delivering high levels of service
- Broad travel experience (minimum of 2 continents)
- A committed individual and team player with a desire to work to the highest of standards
- A cheerful and confident person with a high level of initiative who understands the importance of customer service
- Must be a self motivator with a positive attitude and able to maintain a flexible approach to workload
- Previous travel industry experience
- Previous sales experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Good standard of oral and written English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- MS Office skills and familiarity with databases
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Confident at presenting to groups of people
- Customer service and problem-solving skills
- Attention to details and administration skills
- 25 days annual leave; increases with each year’s service
- Your birthday off each year!
- A thriving company culture – summer and Christmas parties, with many socials in-between; team sports & clubs
- Clear and attractive career ladder
- Excellent pension scheme and Health Shield plan enrolment opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- On-site gym
- Free fruit, smoothies, and juices in the office plus a subsidized snack shop
Audley Travel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.