Part-Time Operations Support (Risk Management)
3 Days / Week
12 Month FTC
Audley Travel are looking for an Operations Support, to support and assist the Global Risk Manager in the implementation of Audley’s Safety Management System, health and safety auditing programme and other associated functions as required.
This position requires you to deal directly with Audley suppliers, external consultants and with employees at all levels within the company.
You will need to develop a reliable and trusting working relationship with the Global Risk Manager, Product teams, overseas suppliers and the external health and safety consultants, providing consistent support and handling communications and issues professionally and efficiently.
You will have key responsibility for the scheduled functions of the department, the preparation of documents and research, assist in answering operational questions, the communication of policies and project work.
Core Risk Management: Supporting the implementation of the Safety Management System
- Processing and analysing the Management Information (MI) provided by our H&S consultants and passing the relevant information to each Programme. This includes prompt handling of H&S escalations, and taking ownership of the management of the 2 and 3 grade follow-up processes.
- Assist with the management of the Audley Health and Safety audit timetable for accommodation, ground agents and other suppliers, running regular reports to determine the most up-to-date requirements of the business.
- Updating and maintaining the Audley H&S database, including proactive database development as required.
- Proactively following up on client accidents and incidents.
- Running weekly client feedback questionnaire reports and liaising with other teams to ensure prompt follow-up of any issues identified.
- Creating the weekly client incident report for our insurers as well as the monthly report for the GEB.
- Compiling statistical presentations for the H&S Steering Committee and other meetings.
- Assisting with risk management training around the business as required.
- Taking ownership of various projects as required.
- Assisting with operational support to teams in time of need (strikes, natural disasters, terrorist strikes etc.)
- To check client disability questionnaires and provide advice to country specialists.
Supplier Contracts and Compliance
- To work closely with RPMs to ensure that contracts are signed, renewed and maintained for all major suppliers, providing contract status reports to assist with this as required.
- To provide support to RPMs and suppliers on general questions around the content of supplier contracts, working closely with Finance, General Counsel and other stakeholders to ensure compliance.
- Sending out contract addenda as required to fulfil Audley’s legal obligations.
- Ensuring that we have valid Public Liability Insurance certificates for all our major suppliers. Maintaining renewals.
- Recording and maintaining of all of the above in the H&S database
- Previous experience of working within the Risk Management, Operations or Sales environments of a tour operator is ideal but not essential.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills are essential.
- Comfortable working within Excel to manipulate data.
- Confident communicating verbally and in writing with a wide cross-section of people both within the business and throughout our supplier base.
- Remains calm and level-headed in pressurised situations.
- A conscientious, tenacious and self-reliant individual who is results orientated and enjoys seeing tasks through to completion.
- Comfortable working on projects alone and within a team.
- Self-motivated and shows high levels of initiative
- A reliable and flexible team player.
- Highly organised and proficient in prioritising workload with a methodical and systematic approach to work, as well as an ability to multi-task.
- Maintains a high level of attention to detail at all times.
- An individual capable of influencing and persuading others positively, both internally and externally.
- They will have a keen interest in how Audley works, what the strategy is and how their role impacts this and how their actions impact Audley’s overall performance.
- Strong organisation, time management and planning skills.
- Strong numerical, analytical & problem-solving skills.
- IT literate - competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint and confident manipulating data in Excel.